- 8 sausages
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 400g can of butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 250ml chicken stock
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe casserole dish over medium heat. Add the sausages and cook until browned on all sides. Remove the sausages from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the diced onion, garlic, carrots, celery, and red capsicum. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the vegetables are softened.
- Stir in the smoked paprika and tomato paste and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and chicken stock to the pan and bring to a simmer.
- Add the sausages back to the pan and nestle them in the tomato and vegetable mixture. Cover the dish with a lid or foil and place it in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- After 25-30 minutes, remove the dish from the oven and stir in the butter beans. Return the dish to the oven, uncovered, for another 10-15 minutes until the sauce has thickened and the sausages are cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
This sausage casserole is perfect for a warm and hearty meal on a cold winter night. Enjoy!